A couple of weeks ago a McLaren P1 was seen circulating around the Nordschleife with a film crew in tow. The interwebz is now suggesting the P1 lapped the Ring in a very fast 7 minutes 4 seconds.
Of course, a 7:04 lap time is bloody quick, but it’s not the sub-7 minute time Ron Dennis has promised in the past. So is this rumour accurate, or is it a ruse to build up publicity before an official time is announced at next week’s Frankfurt Motor Show?
- 6:48 – Radical SR8 LM (2009)
- 6:55 – Radical SR8 (2005)
- 7:11 – Gumpert Apollo Sport (2009)
- 7:12 – Dodge Viper ACR (2009)
- 7:14 – Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package (2011)