Phoenix Racing has got their defence of the Nürburgring 24 hour off to a good start by putting one of their cars on pole position for tonight’s race. The #4 entry driven by Michael Ammermüller, Frank Stippler, Ferdinand Stuck, Johannes Stuck set a best time of 8:17.212 to claim P1. They will start alongside the Aston Martin Racing Vantage GT driven by Darren Turner, Stefan Mücke, Allan Simonsen, Pedro Lamy.
It’s worth noting that last year’s winner, the #3 Phoenix Racing Audi, started from P12 with a lap time over four seconds off the pole position time.
During the race the top 40 cars will carry flashing blue lights to indicate there’s a faster car coming through. With an starting list of 168 cars there’s still a lot of drivers who’ll be watching out for them!
The best placed Australian driver is Paul Stubber in the #27 De Lorenzi Racing Porsche 997 GT3 Cup S who will start from P34. The list below shows the starting order for all Aussie and Kiwi drivers (those marked with asterisk are from NZ).
- P34 – #27 Porsche 997 GT3 Cup S (Paul Stubber)
- P52 – #89 BMW Z4 Coupé (Rob Thomson)
- P56 – #72 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Ric Shaw)
- P60 – #42 Porsche 997 (Clint Harvey, Brett Niall, Malcolm Niall, Mark Pilatti)
- P75 – #6 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Mal Rose, Peter Leemhuis)
- P85 – #177 BMW E36 (Angus Chapel, Garth Duffy)
- P91 – #102 Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Gregory Spark*)
- P142 – #153 Seat Leon TDI (Martin Bailey)
- P145 – #90 BMW E36 M3 (Tony Alford, Kean Booker, Richard Gartner, Peter O’Donnell*)
- P157 – #190 BMW E36 M3 (Michael Eden*, Wayne Moore*, Maurice O’Reilly*)
- P158 – #144 Renault Clio Cup (Christopher Gleeson)
You can download the full starting order HERE (158kb PDF) and the Top 40 qualifiers can be seen below.